Re: quaife steerign rack

In a message dated 11/8/99 3:18:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
scirocc09@yahoo.com writes:

<< Would it be possible to take just the rack from a Power-Steering car
 and put it in a NON-P/S car without the P/S on it? Seems to me this
 might be a similar thing that quaife does, is it just a tighter ratio?
 you'd have hell of a time turning the wheel.

Well when my power rack developed a leak I had no power steering for 2 weeks.
 It was a MAJOR pain in my ass to turn the wheel when the car was stopped.
Once the car got moving though it was not that bad. Maybe I'm just a puss but
I was glad I got it fixed.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html