Lexan/plexi (was: Re: Motor Mounts)

<x-flowed>
>From: Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>

> > For about the same size in plexi you're looking at about $30.
>
>Um, which one scratches really easily. Methinks it is the lexan, actually.
>Why
>is that stuff prefferred and what consitutes the extra cost?

Well I *think* the plexi is the one that gets scratched easier. AND... the
lexan has a lifetime breakage warantee-- I'm sure its just when you use it
as a storm window for your front porch, tho! Can you imagine... "well I came
into the hairpin too tight, the leading wheels bit in, and over she went.
Smashed the lexxan to bits. I want a replacement."

> > I also grabbed a length of metal to make a short shift kit. Do you
>happen to
> > have one out of the car? I want to measure the added length on the piece
> > with 3 holes...
>
>I don't have one out of the car but distinctly remember adding a 1" section
>when
>I fabbed mine. I just cut the "arm" in half and then welded in the extra
>section. Thus, I have no adjustment. Who cares, it does the job. I might
>apply a
>little bondo, some black followed by clearcoat paint, and then a Neuspeed
>sticker -gotta get those show points together! Yah...

Cool. Is that all you did for your shifter? I figure- if I'm gonna replace
that plastic shift ball, I might as well finish the whole shifter assembly
up...

I'm gonna re-arrange the NEUSPEED letters to spell NEED SPEU or PEN SEED U.
Yeah right. If I ever get that eastwood Home Powder coating kit, WATCH OUT!
The bottom of my car will be prettier than the top!

chris