Digital Idle Stabilizer....Pro's and Con's....

At 10:22 PM 07/11/99 -0800, you wrote:

>What are the Pro's and Con's of having a Digital Idle Stabilizer in you
car...?
>I have an 82  VW  Scirocco - Fuel Injected, Factory Air Conditioning....
>
> How would performance be affected if the "Digital Idle Stabilizer is removed
>and the
>connectors are just connected to each other....?

Someone pleaz answer this one for me cuz I was just discussing this with
Bonhoff today.  I did exactly what you said to do.  Bypass it and jsut
connect the two plugs.  I have a bit of a rough idle and my tach doesn't
work.  If you disconnect your DIS, does the tach still work?  I need to
know cuz that may be my problem and that may also cause my full throttle
switch to not function properly.

How does the DIS work and how necessary is it?  Will it cause my tach not
to work or the full throttle switch to fuck up? Where does the tach get
wired up to?  the car is an 83 GTi.  Would my 84 Wolfie rocco also have the
DIS?

Help!!!!!!!

Sal
81 Scirocco