Re: Brake Pads.

Michael Friesen wrote:

> Having never replaced brake pads before, I am wondering how difficult a job
> it is, and how long I can expect it to take.  What tools do I need to do
> this too?  Or should I take it to a shop to do it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Do it yer self, it's fun & easy.  :)

Another thing to consider while your in there is replacing the rotors.
Bentley has specs on thickness, contact me if you need me to go out to
the driveway and find it in the trunk.

ATE makes these Atomic groove rotors that are just a tiny bit more than
stock. I put a set on the front of my buddy's A2 Jetta and they work
great. I plan on doing my own in the near future. See the Potterman for
some.

If the rotors are OK at least look at replacing the caliper bushings. I
found a set at Pep boys for $14 a side; they are rubber tubes that the
caliper pin bolts go through. Car makes clunky, clunky noises? Get some
of these. They come with the new anti rattle wires, like older clips
though.

Anyways, GL.
TBerk