Re: fuel distributor

The indicator light has nothing to do with the O2 sensor.  It is purely a
light that goes off every 30K miles to get you to go in for servicing.
If you pop open the hood you will see a small black box (about 3x3x2)
nestled between the master cylinder and driver's side shock tower with a
cable running out of it.  Find a button on the front of it and press it
in with a nail (or small screwdriver or something).  This will reset the
30K counter.  Granted, the O2 sensor could be bad anyway...

B.

'82 Scirocco (aka "Fritz")
'85 Jetta