Re: are my balls going bad? :)

<x-flowed>As for your balls I wouldn't know :) But on an unrelated topic, do you have
urethane control arm bushings? Mine does the same thing and its 'cause i
haven't put any silicone grease on them when i installed them and regular
grease wont work 'cause it just washes off after awhile. The silicone grease
will withstand the weather. You should be able to get it at your local
diving equipement store. Have you jacked the car up and checked the
"ball"joints?

>From: "Foxx (in a box)" <iraldly@otterbein.edu>
>To: scirocco list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: are my balls going bad? :)
>Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 18:59:00 -0500
>
>   whenever i accelerate (especially in the morning after the car has sat
>all night) i hear a creaking noise that sounds like it's coming from the
>front. it's also doing it more often now that the cold is coming. the
>ball joints were replaced a couple of years ago, but things can happen.
>i also replaced the cv boots (inner and outer) about a year ago and they
>joints looked okay and the boots are still good. i'm just wondering if
>this is the car "stretching" after a nights sleep or something else.
>please advise. thanx.
>--
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
>< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com