Re: [VW-TECH] Coilovers & suspension travel

<x-flowed>Just out of curiosity; Did you have any clearance problems with the CV joint
when you raised the strut mounting tabs? Are you using 100mm joints or 90mm?
I cut the weld on the lower spring perch and rewelded it about an inch
lower. It helped quite a bit. I know I decreased my travel by doing this but
i do have Bilstein Sports and it seems ok except for the nice wonderful
potholes here in Seattle!

>From: UrGTI@aol.com
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: [VW-TECH] Coilovers & suspension travel
>Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 03:32:33 EST
>
>I would like to take the oppisite side of this thought .
>If you do have a "12 piston running in a "12 body and the car is sitting on
>the ground lets say the piston is halfway down in the body . So we would
>say
>you have "6 of travel in compression and extension .
>But if you have a shorter piston that when at rest sits higher up in the
>body
>I belive you could still have the same affective compression at least . You
>may not get as much extension but how often does a road car see full droop
>while being driven .
>
>does any of this make sense cause I may have just confused myself .
>
>What I personnaly did was raise the mounting tabs on my housings so they
>sit
>lower on the knuckles and in the rear made mounts lower on the trailing
>arms
>.
>
>Jasin
>80 2.0 16v