Re: High-speed RPM's

When I first got my '82 I quickly found out that the speedo was reading
wrong (it turns out I was doing 100 when it first hit 85.  Coulda gotten
me in trouble...).  Anyway, I pulled out an old Consumer Reports car
issue from '82 and I think it said at 60 mph in 5th gear the engine is
turning 2520 rpm.  Since gearing is linear for each gear, take 60 mph,
divide it by 2520 and then multiply by whatever rpm you were turning.

B.

'82 Scirocco (aka "Fritz")
'85 Jetta