Re: [VW-TECH] Coilovers & suspension travel

<x-charset iso-8859-1>>> A shorter strut will not provide as much travel as a "normal" one

>Yes it will, within the valved area inside the strut insert...I was
>speaking of a shorter shaft extruding out of the strut instert...with this
>set up you would still have the full lenght of the dampener, without
>having it forced half way down like scott is talking about.
>
>Eric

Hmm..   how can it provide as much travel with a shorter shaft?  You won't
be able to compress it as much....   without pushing the shaft down inside
of the strut body I mean

You are talking about the strut body being the same, with the only change
being the shaft that slides in and out?  (get yer mind outta the gutter
Verne)

John

lots of stuff
website - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/vw.htm