Re: [VW-TECH] Coilovers & suspension travel

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, John Van Vuren wrote:

> >> I maintain that lowering the car without reducing travel requires
> mounting
> >> the strut or shock *higher* in the chassis. Will anyone else refute or
> >> support what I'm saying?
>

> I agree and support...
>
> >Cutting the strut to mount at a lower point would retain the full movement
> >Scott...I think that is the point of the shorter Bilstein Sports?
> >
> >Eric
>

> A shorter strut will not provide as much travel as a "normal" one

Yes it will, within the valved area inside the strut insert...I was
speaking of a shorter shaft extruding out of the strut instert...with this
set up you would still have the full lenght of the dampener, without
having it forced half way down like scott is talking about.

Eric