Re: Vapour Lock....

Vapor lock is nearly impossible in a fuel injected VW unless your fuel
pump is on its last legs. The 65-75 psi the pump (normally) exerts on
the fuel line will easily overcome any resistance to flow due to pent up
vapor.

You may instead want to pressure test your fuel pump, test check valve
operation or pull an injector and make sure it is spraying fuel. If only
the cold start valve (5th injector) is pushing fuel into the engine, you
will get exactly the behavior you describe.

Remember that VWs are CIS (continuous injection system) meaning that all
four (primary) injectors should spray all the time when the car is
running. If the pump tests OK, you may want to check the FI relay/fuses
or listen for the frequency valve to ensure the main injectors are
responding.

HTH

tiAn
87 16V