Mixture adjustment using dwell meter

<x-charset iso-8859-1>A few list members have mentioned that you can correctly adjust the mixture
control screw in the fuel distributor by connecting a dwell meter to the O2
sensor, and that the procedure is in the Bentley manual.  I've scoured my
Bentley, and I'm coming up empty.  All they say is that you need an exhaust
gas analyzer and you should take it to a shop that's properly equipped and
capable of charging an arm and a leg.  Can someone please tell me the
correct procedure?  This is a stock '84 8V, BTW.

TIA!
Aaron
'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!
'70 Bug - hibernating