Re: Opening wing windows

All three of my mk1's have had the opening vent windows.  Love them but I
also hate them cuz they always break at the hinges.  I found a mk1 at the
wreckers which had the non-opening vents.  I took them as soon as I saw
them.  Btw, does anyone know how to fix the vent windows when they break
loose from the glass.  I'd rather have the opening windows, but if I can't
what the heck, I still have a Mk1.

Sal

At 08:34 PM 03/11/99 PST, you wrote:
>HOLY SHIT!!!! I just saw an original opening wing window in a mk1. I have
>been searching for these for my car since before i got on the list (over a
>year). He is a customer of mine so I HAD to tell him I'de replace it with a
>non-opening one for free to get rid of his whistling noise ;) I can't
>beleive it!! The guy lookes at me like I was a wacko when I yelled "HOLY
>SHIT MAN, YOU HAVE AN OPENING WING WINDOW!!" He thought I was talking about
>his Grant GT wooden steering wheel!! I'de trade the steering wheel any day
>for some opening wing windows. Sorry to go off about it but have never seen
>these before but I knew they existed.
>
>Chris DeLong
>ICQ#45030867
>'80 16V Rag
>'65 Bus (ugly, but good for campin' W/toaster oven)
>'82 GLI
>'80 'Vert
>'61 17 Window
>'78 Scirocco (for sale)