Re: repair costs

Well I got my exhaust manifold off my 85 scirocco. It was pretty hard make sure
if you attempted to do it your self you soak every day for a couple of days
before you do it with a pentraint of some sort ( I used liquid wrench)  The
manifold is held on by a nut on a stud that is in the head. On older manifold
the stud usually comes off with the bolt. Sometimes the stud just shears off (I
had this happen) If it does happened use an easy out to get the stud outa the
head. Be careful not to drill into the head, when you drill the pilot hole for
the easy out!