why we love our cars revisited

Today was a good day. I was in Barnes and Noble looking at the usual
car mags when I look over and see this guy in his forties or so on
crutches hobling fast toward me. I look in his eyes and he looks like a
12 year old who has just seen his first naked woman. Then I knew what he
was going to say. "Hey, is that your Scirocco outside?" He chased me
down from the other side of the parking lot and into the store just to
talk Roccos. On crutches none the less. He told me all about the 81S he
used to own when it was new, and said mine was the first MkI he's seen
in a long time. "Do you want to sell it?". NOPE!!! But I told him about
Scirocco.org and the list and he gave me his number and address if I
know of an MkI for sale. So I started thinking the rest of the day. What
other car can you own and drive daily rather inexpensively that gets as
much attention as a Scirocco? I won't go into a rant on how great our
cars are as we all already know, but damn, if you could of seen the look
in this guys eyes!!!! That alone made me realize again why I love my
car! The other thing, why some people hate my car. In my town of single
digit IQs, there are more mustangs per square mile of road then any
other car. Second is the Camaro. Nothing wrong with these cars if you
just want cheap speed. But these people are clueless when it comes to
what makes a real road car. Racing stop light to stop light was fun when
I was in High school, but then I discovered twisty roads where cops
don't hang out. Anyway it just makes me wonder why these cars are either
love or hate. Anyone else care to continue this rant?

Feenix
80 1.8