Speeding Madness...

<x-flowed>Ya'll are gonna love this...

	Chung and I just bought Gerry Pennington's gorgeous red
'Rocco this last weekend, so we've been driving it around and sorting
out some small engine difficulties, i.e. knock sensor and O2 sensor
probs. Well, they are fixed and the engine is just screaming. But
that isn't what I've got to tell ya...
	I was driving my own little red 16v beastie home last night
down Sharp Park Blvd in Pacifica CA which is totally steep, twisted
and hella fun if you push it. The speed limit is 30, but like I ever
pay attention to things like that. Well, I decide to start pushing
it, and I mean PUSHING it. I'm going so fast I'm doing full slides
across 2 lanes and the car is hanging like a mad dog. I get to the
bottom of the road where it makes a hard left turn and goes across a
freeway overpass. I make the turn sliding from the inside left lane
all the way to the outside of the right lane and gun it.....and in
the 1/8th of a second it takes me to get around the turn and see
across the overpass I see a CHP car with his lights off and his gun
pointed right at me less than 150 yards away. I jam on the brakes and
pull over just past him and wait for him since I know he's going to
bust me anyways - no point in making him come get me. He comes up to
the passenger window and asks for my usual stuff (license, insurance,
registration). I already have everything out and ready. He looks at
my license, mutters something, sits there quietly for a minute and
says 'Do you have any idea how fucking fast you were going?"

I say....'Um..... way way too fast?'

'My radar says you were doing 59 mph as you came around the corner
and THEN YOU FUCKING SPED UP TO 68!! Do you know what that MEANS??!?!'

I say...'Um.... I was going way way way too fast?'

'SLOW.... the FUCK.... DOWN!! YOU HEAR ME?!?! NO MORE VICTIMS!!! NO
MORE VICTIMS!!.......Nice car by the way...'

Then he throws my stuff back in the window (doesn't even hand it to
me) and walks away. I put my stuff back in my wallet, and go on my
merry way. So maybe my kick ass wonderful car saved me from a phatty
ticket. I saw another 2 cops there this morning on my way to work,
one working the uphill side, another working the downhill. I smiled
and waved to both of them.... heh heh. Needless to say I'm driving a
lot slower today.... (grin)

				Ben Patterson 86' 16v

Ben Patterson 				Pager - (650)794-8868
Networking/Macintosh			LiNCS - (650)725-4630
Systems Engineer			Email: bpatterson@stanford.edu
CRC-LiNCS/ITSS				Stanford University

"Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries."
					- Wayne, from Wayne's World -