new car :)

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again Penny, for the gorgeous machine. . . it
was running like absolute crap this morning but
something happened half way through San Francisco. . .
the knock sensor decided to come back to life. . . I
think it was torqed down too tight, and the crystal
elements got scrunched together. . . I torqued it down
correctly, and I guess the vibrations from the engine
the elements loose again :)

Then, I discovered that the oxygen sensor was putting
out a 12.20 volt signal. . . impossible.  I figured it
was the heater element wires that somehow got pinched
in the wiring harness. . . pulled it out, discovered a
bad solder joint next to the sensor. . . re-soldered
the harness, and re-installed the new-looking sensor,
and haa haa. . . little red rocket ship from mars came
alive. . . like a good 16v should.  She screams like a
banshee.  Everything looks in top shape except for a
munched 3rd gear syncro.  I've still got a silly grin
on my face from tearing around the local twisties :)

-'Chung

=====