Re: [mk2 16v] Short shifters

On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 23:15:01 -0800 Tyler Chamberlain <x-frog@home.com>
writes:
>    I want a short shifter for my 87 16v and I was wondering if any
>listers had any recommendations as to what brand to buy. I was
>considering either the neuspeed (expensive) vs. ABD (cheap) and was
>wondering about any personal experiences that people have had with
>either, or any other brands for that matter.

I have an ABD short shifter on my Scirocco and an Eurosport short shifter
on my GLi. I like both equally and cant really say that one is better
over the other since they do the exact same job. I think Eurosport is
cheaper? Dunno but if cost is the factor, go with what you can afford.
Ive driven Pottermans Roc with the Neuspeed short shifter and although it
does shorten the side to side throw as well as the fore and aft throws, I
cant say its worth the price. Its nice but to me its not worth the extra
bucks.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and