Re: New Scirocco List Rule Suggestions -Reply

hmmm...

Well, part of what this Henry Palmer clown is suggesting I think is honestly
valid.  The majority of what he is saying is retarded.  No offense pal, but I
have owned two Sciroccos (a 78 and 88 16v), a Corrado and a Fiat, so does
that automatically minimize any knowledge, enthusiasm, or experience I have
concerning Sciroccos?  I have been to and participated in all NW Scirocco
cruises in the last couple of years, the most recent of which I put together
myself.  Sure there are people on this list who post messages that might
impress others as being meaningless, but that is what you have your delete
button for.  With the regimented attitude you are exhibiting, it sounds as
though you belong in a Porsche club!  Generally I have known Scirocco owners
(and I do know quite a few, undoubtedly more than Henry does) to be easy
going, nice, fun loving, cheery guys and gals.  Without most of the people on
this list, the Scirocco would be a dying breed!

Ben
88 "Flash Silver Metallic" 16v Scirocco

 >>> "Henry Palmer" <henry_palmer@hotmail.com> 11/01/99 09:30am >>>
 1) If you don't own a Scirocco, or owned at least 5 in the past, you may
 watch if you wish, but keep your comments to yourself.

 2) If you don't know for sure, do offer advice.

 3) If the topis is not Scirocco, don't post it. If you aren't sure, don't
 post it.

 4) If you are too young to drive legally, don't post anything.

 5) If you haven't been here long enough to know who Kevin and Ian are,
 you
 are a newbie, and need to watch and listen, not post things. You would
 be
 allowed one very Scirocco related question per week only after you
 have
 memorized the FAQ, and are positive it isn't answered there.

 6) Do not post anything about space shuttles and a horse's ass. No ones

 cares.

 7) If you can't appreciate the silence of a quiet list, and think a stupid
 post is better then no posts, do us all a favor and unsubscribe now.

 8) If you ever get the damn urge to post a "test" message because you
 think
 the list might be down, please realize you are not smart enough to tell if
 the list is down.  I think a "test" or "is the list down" post should be
 autorouted to majordomo are an unsubscribe request.

 Did i miss anything? Why do I see more bullshit then real VW Scirocco
 posts
 anymore? Most of the damn Scirocco posts I do see are something
 sooooo
 stupid, they we all have to wonder, now does that person really not
 know, or
 do they just like to see their name in print?  I am tempted to start saving
 the email addresses of the author of every stupid post and post them to
 "make-money-fast" newsgroups with a title that says "spam bait". I mean
 they
 seem to like to get totally worthless email, why not help them out? :)

 HP. >>