RE: New Scirocco List Rule Suggestions

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Is Henry Palmer any relation to Hairy Palmer?

Step out into to light dude,

Add constructively to the list or get the hell out.

Now then, some of you out who actually work on 16V cars might be able to
help me out.  I am installing a 1.8 16V head on a 95ABA shortblock.  I have
made all the necessary changes to the block ie. intermediate shaft, oil
pump, crankshaft timing belt pulley.  But, I forgot about the fact the block
is 16mm taller than the 16V block.

Does the 16V timing belt have enough play in it to fit?  Or am I screwed?
And, will there be any adverse effects on cam timing vs crank timing due to
the extra block height?

Thanks

Brian Honnold
'78 Ragtop 2.0 16V turbo.......in the making