Fuel delivery problems

I have a Scirocco.  Had to get that mandatory Scirocco content out of the way there.  :-)

But anyway, I have a 90 Cabbie (stock) that has a fuel problem.  After driving for about 2 minutes or so, the rear pump will start getting rather loud.  While it's making all it's noise, the car will bog down when pressing the gas more than about halfway.  It's acting like it's clogged or something.  I changed out the rear filter, but no luck.  Any ideas?  Is there some kinda regulator back there?  Please don't tell me it's inside the gas tank.  Is there a possibly that the front filter could be clogged causing the rear pump to work harder?

Sorry for the non-topic post for those who worry themselves about that kinda stuff.

Thanks,
Mike