Re: Here's a weird one.. car troubles.

Sounds like the knock sensor is going out(or maybe loose?).  I heard of
someone else having this problem and it was the know sensor.  Check the
tightness of the sensor.  If you know of someone with the same knock sensor,
swap with him(her) and see if that makes a difference.  I don't think it's a
clogged fuel filter because when the injectors shutdown, the engine usually
misses severely and the engine bucks.  I don't think it's a clogged cat.
because when a cat. clogs, it's clogged for good.

HTH.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner