Exhaust Woes.....

l've been working on the 84' lately. Trying to get it prepared for the winter
and it's almost ready to roll except for one thing, EXHAUST. L'm having the
hardest time trying to reconnect the manifold to the downpipe with those
C-shaped exhaust clips. (whata bitch)    Anyways l was wondering how the hell
l can get them reconnected. l don't have a spanner tool which would probably
do the trick if l could even get it in the close quarters to use it. Give me
a solution that doesn't involve buying the 4-2-1 exhaust system. I NEED ONE
THAT WORKS FOR THE 4-1 (PAIN IN THE ASS MODEL)   THANX FOR ALL HELP......

Marco 88 16V        84 8v Wolf