Re: New Air Dam Install tips needed pls

SailingFC@aol.com wrote:

  I was thinking in this
> application it won't be very tight and that would cause the airdam to rub on
> the body.   I wonder if just a plastic screw and nut of some sort would work?

    I havent had any problems so far.  Trick is to not have the hole too
large or get a larger retainer.  My spoiler on the side is fasten fairly
tight and doesnt move up down back or forward.  The hole itself is about
3/16" in diameter, so when I put the facia retainers in there it was a
tight fit.  BTW, they have been on the car for almost 2 years now.  You
could alwasy try a plastic screw, its just with one of those you have to
have about the exact same size screw as hole because it doesnt have
those
fins to bunch up and fill in the extra space.  In that case it could
rattle
around a bit and wear off the paint.  HTH...