Re: Idle Trouble

Yeah it could be the o2 sensor or that regulator below the intake
maifold, you know the one, the the i believe pressure regulator,
whatever the name, you knwo the location so check that piece of the
machine out to make sure it is deflected open, causes if it closes it
cause the digital idle to try and compensate and this is what causes
that flucuation of idle,  Or so it happened on my car.

--- Joshua Strait <joshua13s@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My Golf 8v did the same thing when I first bought it.  I changed the
> O2
> sensor and it took care of it.
>
> Josh
>

> >     I have seen this question asked on here before and have since
> tried
> >changing the idle stabilizer, but the problem still persists. When
> my
> >car becomes heated up to normal temps like in traffic, the idle
> jumps
> >around. It starts going up and down like someone putting their foot
> on
> >the gas and letting off. It goes between like 1100 and just about a
> >stall and the repeats endlessly until the car is cooled down a bit,
> like
> >when I start moving again. I am guessing now that it could be either
> the
> >EGR valve or the O2 sensor. Any other ideas?
> >

> >Chris

> If you experience other problems, email:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org

===
Scottish
'83 Rocco