Fuel system woes!

<SIGH>

I am totally miffed.

My '84 parts car was way past due for an engine start.
I turn the key and it just cranked away until the boot
above the airflow meter farted.

I noticed that I didn't hear the fuel pump buzz, so I
swap the relay out for one that I know works. Funny
thing is that the fuel pump still didn't pressurize
when I turned the key.

Bad pump?

I do the old 30 to 87 jumper at the fuse block and
heard the pump whirring.

Check spark.
A little weak, but it's there.

Change the plugs.
Nothing.

Change the fuel filter.
Nothing.

I tried to pull one of the injectors to see if fuel
was getting into the motor, but just busted a few
knuckes trying (is there a tool for this?)

As a last resort I loosened one of the banjo bolts
right at the fuel distributor and jumpered the fuel
pump. I expected to see some gas squirt out, but it
just kinda dripped.

Any ideas? If the pump is bad, then why does it
pressurize with the jumper, but not with the relay?

Thanks in advance,
Chris Gonzalez