Re: quick tire survey

At 12:01 AM 5/28/99 , T Berk wrote:
>Jared Erlandson wrote:
>>
>> I'm with Aaron.  I have used the Yok A509's and was impressed in dry
>> weather. But  I live in Seattle, so they just didn't cut the wet. I now
>> have the Potenza RE71's (discontinued but Tire Rack has a ton of em)
>> which are in my opinion just as good dry as the A509's but 100% better
>> wet.  I like the RE71's quite a bit.
>>
>> Jared
>
>How's the sound? Cornering noise and @ Freeway Speeds?
>
>I've been looking to do the Dunlop D60s myself but I like the idea of
>195/55/14.

The RE71s are very quiet- granted mine are new (~1000 miles on them) but
they're no louder than my RE930 all season tires were. Based on experience
with my friends' GLi 16v, they get louder with age, but never to the point
where they're annoying-- and that's a lot coming from me cause I want *QUIET*.

Ask Brett how quiet mine are... he was amazed.

Jason