Re: Scirocco turnout at ND

On Thu, 27 May 1999 02:28:57 -0700 Aaron <zpeed@earthlink.net> writes:
>Now I will agree that making speed runs down the front of ND wasn't the
>smartest thing to do.................

I wasn't singling out the turbo Scirocco. There were many other dorks
doing the same stupid shit.

>but before you go making judgements on what works or
>what doesn't, why don't you ask?

Don't have to ask, ive seen the car enough to know that it works. Ive
autocrossed with the white turbo twice. Ive spoken to the owner a few
times, ive ASKED the horses mouth itself. Thanks tho for being willing to
be a third party. :)

>Those turbos are as a matter of fact
>garage hacked do-what-it-takes to make it fit installations but they
>work.

Its quite evident and ive seen them work. Never said it wouldn't work or
didn't work. Just said it was a garage hacking that wasn't as efficient
OR as good as it could be.
Also, when i say its hacked, that doesnt mean that they have lost the
potential for being a showcar. I, for the most part, dont care very much
about show cars. Anybody can polish a turd. When you build a project, you
just do things a certain way is all. Bailing wire should be used for
emergency situations or for um.... hay. Not to hold the fuel distributor.
Get my drift?

>Some people are into show and some people are into go.
>Those turbos have been in those cars for about 2 years now with no big
>problems.(The white one blew a headgasket on the way up to ND but not
>because it was overheating, he put in a new gearbox and the gears are
>so long that he's on the boost too long and he blew out the headgasket.

>1st one in 2 years)

Id say that blowing a head gasket is a big problem for most cars. He
carries a spare head gasket with him at all times?

>Those aren't the best places for the intercoolers but what you
>sacrifice in efficiency, you gain in short tubing(no lag).

Short tubing isn't everything. Being that short isn't as critical as it
sounds to limit the amount of lag. He would gain so much more power and
efficiency by simply re routing the intercooler to in front of the
radiator instead if sitting up on top of the intake runners. Look at the
thing, there is NOWHERE for the air to flow thru and past the
intercooler. It cant be doing much for performance where it sits now.

>Yes, the white roc was the
>same one that wrecked but do you know the whole story?

"I", well, I should say "WE" were fucking there dude! Most of us saw it
happen behind us as we were casually driving to he show.
They were going too fast up the onramp, the black one lost it and spun
and the white Scirocco choose to avoid him and hit the center divider in
which he got high centered on the 2ft section just as you complete the
right turn on the bridge.

>Did you know that
>someone else spun in front of him and he spun his car to avoid hitting
>the other guy?

gee, sure did.

>The white one is putting out 240hp and the black is putting out 190hp.

No according to the owner of the white car. He told be he has 245hp in
his, and 230hp in the black Roc. He went on to explain that the black Roc
doesn't shift as good and the boost was this and that....... Whatever. He
did alot of talking.

>These are not claimed numbers.  These are numbers from a bosch dyno.
>Doug was there to see the white one get dynoed.  Main difference being
the
>white one is a 2l and the black one is a 1.8.

I never disputed the HP claims.
There are other differences as well. The white has what seems to be a
motronic system. Not sure. Might even be a digifant system but I hope
not.

>Aaron..
>Defending my friends who don't have internet access.........

They Don't need to be defended. Nobody said what they had was unbecoming
of a Scirocco owner. Like I said, its a hacked 16V Turbo BUT it works!
And with 240+ hp, what more can be said? I would of done it alot
different if I had the exact same funds and resources as they did but
thats just me.

>and the 2 fastest
>sciroccos  in the world!  =).

NOT in my world! :)
Check out the last Norton event results. I beat the white Turbo Scirocco
by over 10 seconds.
Normally aspirated, 1.8L 117hp to the crank baby! The Sig stands.
:)

BTW, were you at the show Aaron?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego and Orange county!