Re: More Woes...

----- Original Message -----
From: McReynolds <sigmac@portland.quik.com>
To: Gerry Reichelt <reichelt@telepath.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, May 24, 1999 20:46
Subject: Re: More Woes...

> Interesting--I haven't checked the Bentley lately, but if memory
> serves it had said the "egr" light may be followed by "stalling".
> Would a clogged cat be precipitated by the "egr" light coming on?
> I don't remember what that light actually indicates
    Typically that light is a mileage controlled indicator to take the car
to the dealer and spend $$$. The light itself probably wasn't telling you
there was a prob, just to perform a system check. The EGR light is also easy
to reset. Just use a small screwdriver to depress the button on the back
(facing the engine) of the box. It also could have been indicating a prob
though. A bad 02 sensor can cause the engine to run rich and lead to a
variety of probs including a clogged cat.
    Gerry