Re: Scirocco turnout at ND

>I know that a few other people who saw them would agree that the
>instalation is not clean, not 4even close. They looked like a couple of
>garage hacked do-what-it-takes to make it fit kind of instalations. I
>could pick the cars apart all day long but wont. (your welcome.)

The turboed Sciroccos were indeed laking in their *um* presentation...I mean
an intercooler jutting out of the hood doesn't have that same cool factor as
the blowers you see on the muscle cars.  The airboxes were just dangling out
there in the engine bay. There are guys that are all show and no go, and
these guys were just all go and a *nice try* at show ;) I just like the fact
that all that power (230+) was coming out of a "stock" 1.8 16V with the
stock fuel and ignition system (they said they just added the MSD ignition).

>Those guys were stupid assholes. (Speed runs in front of ND. Lucky they
>didnt get popped. Still, therewere alot of people out there who could of
>gotten hurt.)

As for the impromptu speed runs, I agree that it's pretty dumb, but
testosterone + HP + immaturity = lots of burnt rubber and eventually, the
police. Actually, when I left, I just honked while driving by and waved at
the crowd. I figure if I drove by too fast, they wouldn't be able to
appreciate the clean lines of the Scirocco ;)

>BYW, the white roc was the very same roc that ended up wrecked on the
>bridge, if any of you recall last years embarasment.

OHHH, was that the guy that got hung up on the rail??? What exactly
happened? I thought that his frame got bent...

>The great news is for next year, turbo tim is talking about moving the
>show to Laguna Seca raceway. (That right or is it Sears Point? I ferget.)
>Track time as well as a car show to me is a great competition
>combination.

>This will be the show of all shows!

YES! That would be THE event to attend! Generally, what safety inpection
standards do we have to pass in order for us to run (solo, I would imagine)?

Now, where did I store that 28mm swaybar... ;)

Chris Gonzalez
'82 8V (the 1st Mk II year)
'88 16V (the last MkII year...in the US, at least)