RE: My New Car Died! Yikes!

Norm Wrote-

>Can anyone help me?  I lack the ability to troubleshoot this and fix
>it.  I can pay!
>
>One of you is in Milpitas I think...and Norwegian name? Unfortunately
>most of my scirocco-l mail is on my computer at work....

That's me you're talking about. And the name is Swedish (close enough). I
also only get mail at work, so I just got your post. I'm a little busy
this week, but if it's an emergency (i.e. no other mode of transport) I
could try to squeeze you in.

So let me get this straight. The tow truck dude sprayed starting fluid
into the intake (or somewhere along the way) and it would run? If he
stopped spraying would it die? If so then it definitely sounds like a
fuel problem to me. Without a fuel pressure gauge it will be hard to
tell exactly where the source of the problem is.

ya didn't run outta gas didja? (kidding, but it's happened before)

in any case, I'd be happy to help out.

Lemme know

Jonas
85 Scirocco