Re: emissions in Mass

JLuk77@aol.com wrote:

> Here's the story... I have been running with a hollowed out cat for 2 years
> in Maine, and soon I am moving back to Mass.  My question is can I pass Mass.
> emissions testing with a properly tuned and well running car with a hollowed
> cat?  I was just going to try it, but my cat cracked on the way through New
> Jersey last week. So any way I go, I need to spend money.  I just want to
> spend it only once.  Can I pass with a set up that looks like I have a cat or
> will I really need one?  Please anyone in mass with a hollowed cat?  Let me
> know?
>
> --

I had a hollowed out cat in my 84 8V and it passed no problem. On the
other had my 16V which I don't know what the hell is wrong with won't
pass for anything. Oh , well.
Just a tip, run it hot and use regular gas. It burns cleaner. Also it
doesn't hurt to throw in some dry gas. If everything is in working order
it should pass.

Feenix
88 16V that won't pass emissions