Re: Import Drag racing YUCK!

Drag racing isn't my cup of tea either but it's fun when you can catch'em
sleeping at a stoplight.  While I've never done this myself, I'm sure that
even a lowly F350 diesel could give a good run against some of these rice
rockets :)

When I was in high school (back in the early 1800s), a buddy of mine took his
Dad's 1970 Ford Torino station wagon to Old Dominion Raceway just for grins.
The car was a 289 automatic - a real barn-burner.  The kicker is that he
actually beat a few Mustwangs and Camaros b/c the Torino couldn't spin the
tires off the line - just slow, consistent times.

Go ahead and run your car - it'll be interesting, to say the least.  Just
don't call me when the motor blow up - my trailer went to Canada for a Pro
Race.

--- Gary Huff <ghuff@htech.com> wrote:
> listers,
> 	This sunday im going to do some undercover infiltration at the
> local drag strip, its a big import shootout, I want
> 	to see the real times that these integras, and CRX's are
> running. Hopefully there are a few corrado VR6's that
> 	are supposed to show, one of them REALLY modded. im going to
> bring some paper, and a pen with me to see
> 	what these cars really do, and I guarantee it that most of these
> cars are going to be 16yr old kids (im 17 but I		drive a Roc so I
> dont count) with a stock CRX, big exhaust tip, and huge ugly chrome
> rims, but we will see.
> 	wish me luck, if im bored enough and have the 15$ to burn maybe
> ill run the roc, with rod knock lifter tick and
> 	all :) take care.

===
Matthew Yip
mgyip@yahoo.com