Re: Purple Mk1 w/17" rims, got pics!

Scott F. Williams wrote:

> Eh, is it just me or does that car look pretty retarded?

   Its just you  =p  Would look better with a front spoiler IMHO.

 I dunno, you look
> at the car from the back and the tread is about as wide as my car's -i.e.
> 195 or 205.

   Thats cuz they are 205s  =p

 Then, from the side, it appears like the car is jacked up on
> stilts. The tires look like rubber bands... (shaking head dismissively...)

   I think the reason it looks so big is cuz the arms on the rim extend
the very edge of the rim.  At first glance it almost looks as if he has
18s on there.  As for the rubber band tires, they are, 40 series on a
tire
that aint too wide will do that  =p

> Are the roads known to be really smooth in Zaire, or what? :^) (shrug) Any
> Scirocco 1 beats a Scirocco II, though! 8^)

   I was wondering the same thing myself.  Glad the roads I am on are
usually
free of potholes.