Fuel Pump

Hey everyone.. I've been reading the list for about 6 months now, and I've finally got a problem of my own to post.. I've got a '86 8V with a dying fuel pump. I've got a new pump (thanks to the mad bastard) and I'm all set to do the swap except for one small problem..... I can't get the old damn pump off! The problem is the fitting on the outgoing side. When I try to release the hose from where it connects to the pump, the whole pump turns inside it's casing. The side going into the pump is just held on with a hose clamp and doesn't seem to offer any grip without destroying the hose. I tried to get the connection off further up the line but that fitting was corroded badly and wouldn't even think about moving. Does anybody have any hints for getting this thing off? Am I missing something? The weather is soooo nice and it's driving me nuts that my car is still parked in the garage...

Thanks,
Jay