New Scirocco In My Driveway!

Hi everyone!

After taking it up the ass from insurance companies and car storage
places alike, I bought the Zender Scirocco the got posted om the list a
couple of weeks ago!

Yay!

It's not very fast (it's an 8V) but it LOOKS pretty fast so that's
pretty cool!  I'll be seeing YOU at the gethering on the 22nd in Santa
Clara!  It's just a hop/skip/jump away from Fremont where I live.

I already have a small mechanical problem however that maybe y'all can
help me with:  There's a little piece of metal the lives on the side of
the door (part of the latch?) about the size of a silver dollar with a
groove on it.  It pivots upand down according to whether or not the door
is open.... it seems to be spring loaded and the groove slides on to the
"post" on the door frame.  Does this make sense?  Well, on my passenger
door the spring action doesn't seem to be there so when you open the
door the piece swings all the way down and then you can't close the door
without engaging the door handle and moving the part back with your
other hand.  It locks into place again after you release the door
handle, buy it's kinda annoying anyways.  Does anyone know how to fix
this?

All the best,
-Norm