Re: Hot start probs/ Warm stall problem

This sounds like a fuel pressure regulator problem.  It's mounted on the
front of the engine and has one fuel line going in and one line coming out.
It also has a 2-wire electrical plug attached to it.  When the engine warms,
this unit cuts fuel pressure and therefore flow to the fuel distributor to
help fuel economy.  When you shutdown the engine, it heatsoaks from the
engine and then the engine is hard to start and/or runs rough on restart.  As
you get running again, the fuel does a little cooling and as you drive, the
airflow into the engine brings the temps down again.  Try unbolting it from
the block and tie it off where it doen't touch the block.  Run around this
way and take note if the problem re-occurs.  If not, you've found the problem.
HTH, GL.

-Dick-
'78 Scirocco
Original Owner

In a message dated 5/12/99 10:13:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mlogga1@triton.towson.edu writes:

> Hello all!  My 81 roc w/ 1.8 JH starts fine when it is stone cold, but
>  after it has run for a few minutes you have to lift the air flow plate in
>  the airbox in order to make it start again.  Once you do this it runs
>  fine.  I have checked the freq. valve, cold start valve, and all vacuum
>  hoses.  Could it possibly be the aux. air regulator?  Any ideas?