Re: radar detectors

>From: Pei-Chung Ting <chungsteroonie@yahoo.com>
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: radar detectors
>Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 16:07:42 -0700 (PDT)
>

> > I don't think you have to worry about admitting you
> > speed here. I'm sure
> > most of the people on this list drive pretty fast.
>
>Sarcasm. . . Most of the time, I only go nuts on familiar twisties, and
>I know where the cops are there. . . or know they have better things to
>do than speed trap them. I just don't like getting tickets for 80 in a
>75 on I-5 and other ridiculous incidents.
>
>-'Chung
>'88 16v
I'm not sure where you live, but the worst thing about speeding tickets is
what they do to your insurance premiums. In Minnesota a speeding ticket does
not go on your record in less you are more than 10mph over the posted speed
limit. Needless to say, I go about that fast most of the time, except in
areas where I know radar cannot work all that well. It helps to think like
your in a fighter bomber flying low and slow to merge in with the clutter.
Also, never admit you were doing anything wrong. Never admit that you were
speeding. I've been stopped many times and it seems to work. There is also a
good book out about getting out of tickets, but I forgot the title. Surely
someone else out there knows about it.

Jorel Jackson
'85 Scirocco