Re: O2 sensor

-----Original Message-----

 Alex Ting wrote:

> it is right on the exhaust manifold.  A little thingy (to quote brian)
> with a single black wire coming out.
> Check it out, you can't miss it.
>
> My understanding is that you want the o2 sensor as close
> to the head as possible for a more accurate reading.
>
> HTH.....
>

> Alex Ting

This is the difference between the early Manifold single wire O2 sensors
(in the hot zone) and the later 3 wire (heated for quicker warm up to
operating temp) type sensors.

The farther you are from the heat of the manifold, the more you need the
heating element to get the O2 up to operating temp.

As they say- if it won't get hot, it won't work right.  :)

TBerk