Re: Shifter rebuild

WOW - SCHWEEEET

Now for some helpful content.
I just replaced all the wear-prone parts on my 84, and
I'm not sure what the part  crossover is to the MK1,
but here is what the MKII rebuild consisted of, and
the (VW?)VirtualWorldParts numbers

shift plate/ball ~$30us - 171711247
Shift Bushings ~$4us 171798211
Bracket w/ bushing - 29$ - 171711194G
relay lever - $6 -171711163E
rod - $3 - 171711593E
A1 5sp shift lever $3  -171711574B
total - $75 on sale @ http://parts4vws.com
I also put in a short shift lever & sure-shift linkage
at the time, & a momo knob to bring the grand tally to
$200 even

Made a world of difference - It tightened everything
up, no more searching for 5th gear....

Honestly, if you take a look at these parts and
replace the worn ones & the bushings, and tighten all
the bolts that should make a heck of a difference in
itself... I coulda gotten away only spending the $4
for the bushings & tightening loose bolts, but now
everytihing is brand new....

--- Night Shadow <soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu> wrote:

> HOLY FRIJOLES that thing is nice!
>
> Eric
>

> On Tue, 4 May 1999, Paul Gordash wrote:
>
> > Hi there, I have been on the list a while, but
> have just been lurking...  I
> > finally need some info on rebuilding my shifter.
> >
> > My car is a 1981 S with the Kamei kit, a Callaway
> turbo with intercooler,
> > and my new 17" Ace Alloy wheels.  A picture is
> included for those of you who
> > want a peek,,,
> >
> > Are there any Canadians out there who have done
> the rebuild?  Can I get an
> > itemized list of the parts I would need.  I would
> prefer to get the stuff up
> > here (usually a bunch cheaper).
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> >
> > Paul G
> > 81 Turbo S

> If you experience other problems, email:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org

===
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl