RE: 2.0L 16V with cis-e?

I have heard recently that there is little gain to be had in relation to the cost involved for porting the 1.8 16V head.

As I happen to have one that I could both spend the money on and take the time to ship it somewhere, I would love to hear opinions on this.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX