Sway bar combos (Auto-x)

Hey all, this one is out to all the racers/autocrossers out there regarding
swaybar combinations.

My question comes after a weekend of solo 1 at the 2 mile road course last
weekend (first event of the season).  Basically my lap times were approx
1:38-39 last year on race (well, R compound) tires.  Now I go out this
weekend, and having only done 3 things to the car since last year; euro
intake manifold, header and removed the front swaybar, and I'm shaving 2-3
seconds off my best time of last year (and it was a pretty hot day too).
And for an added bonus I'm on street tires (thanks to a corded right front
race tire).

So what do you guys think?  wasn't this Shine racing's trick, no front bar,
big back bar and heavy springs or something?  the car still handles well,
even with the front shocks softened up, stock rear bar, no front, I don't
get any oversteer.

any comments on the swaybar thang?

Owen
87 Scirocco 16v #38 CD-SS.