Re: spray-on engine cleaner tips

On Mon, 3 May 1999 01:15:54 -0500 "Neal Tovsen"
<ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu> writes:
>Do you guys have any tips on what to watch out for when doing the
spray-on
>engine cleaner bit? Obviously, I won't be spraying water directly at my
>distributor or battery, but is it necessary/good to cover anything with
>plastic? If so, which areas?
>
>Neal
>88 16v

Really, all you need to avoid spraying (with any intensity) is the
distributor. High pressure can get under the cap and cause the car to run
poorly or not run at all until the cap dries out. Not a big deal as you
can use an electrical cleaner. (brake cleaner works too.)

Clean the entire thing, wont hurt a bit. Dont stand in one place, move
around and hit the same areas more than once. It helps to get the stuborn
grease off and gets the dirt you missed under other items.

I pressure wash my motor area about once a week. Havent ever had any
problems with it starting right after.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and