VW Jamboree, Irvine CA today

Well the show was pretty damn big.. I'd guess about 300 cars on display,
of which about 2/3rds were aircooled, the rest waterpumpers.  At one time
this was almost exclusively aircooled territory.

The roc content was way lacking!  Maybe 4-5 TOTAL on display.  I should have
entered my car, it would have held its own quite well against the meager
showing.  There was a decent widebody 16v with a wild paint job, and a
very clean nearly stock '86 very similar to mine, but as clean and well
done as the car was, the guy had US lights and bumpers... yeccch!!  If
you're gonna baby and show your car, these should be the 1st and 2nd
upgrades done before ANYTHING else........

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA