RE: speedo gear?

> So what final drive takes the red gear? I've never seen anything but white
> and red. (I guess what I'm trying to say is I've never seen a green one).

oops.  i think you are right.  when i was saying GREEN i really meant RED.
last night i was replaying pictures in my head and i couldn't remember if my
original one was red or green.  maybe it has to do with the fact that i am
red/green colorblind.  (it's true, not making this part up.).  so, the
correct color/final drive combination is....

red---->3.67
white---->3.89/3.94
green---->4.25  (right?  i think this is true because i said, yesterday,
that this one was red...)

even if the last one isn't correct, i know the first two are, and those are
what 99% of us have anyway.  sorry for the confusion...

chris
86 16V scirocco