RE: Mk1 Windshield?

You can get the chrome out by working it loose with a very small bladed
screwdriver and start at the middle.

Those little chrome clips on the top and bottom of the windsheild will
slide and then you can get the tip of the screwdriver into it.  Go very
slowly prying the chrome strip up from the center of the windsheld toward
the corners......if you do this on the bottom and then the top but leaving
the sides in, you can wiggle the sides out.  I know it sounds funky but it
works.

Your goal is to take the chrome off without making too much of a bend in
any one place....it is extremely difficult to get back in and if there are
any bumps or bends in it it makes the job much harder.

As for the gasket itself, I don't know how to get one out without cutting
the gasket or breaking the windshield in half.

Sorry :-(

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop