RE: speedo gear?

the different color cable gears (white, green, etc) are supposed to match
your final drive (3.67=green, 3.89/3.94=white).  each speedometer is
calibrated to show the correct speed if you are using the correct gear for
your final drive.  make sense?  it's a bit confusing, but as an example...
i have a 16V scirocco with a 160mph speedo and a 2H tranny.  so, i put a
white gear on the cable (for the 2H (3.94 final drive)), and i see the
correct speed on the speedometer.  if i were to swap in a 120mph speedo, i
would still see the correct speed.  in other words, if you are seeing the
correct speed on your current speedometer, you can swap speedometers and
still see the correct speed.  hope this clears things up a bit.

chris
86 16V scirocco