Re: Aiming headlights

> I just got my new H1/H4s today (Thank you Potterman) and did the funky
> tech procedure (ala Rich Zuk) so I get low & high beams from the low
> beam lights when the high beams are activated with the driving light
> switch on (say that 3 times fast).

    HEY, where is my recognition?  =p  I gave Rich that idea  =p

  Now does anybody have a good method
> of aiming these bad boys before I blind all oncoming traffic?  I used to
> just set up a board at the front of the garage, but it doesn't give you
> a good view of the light pattern.  TIA.

    I think the way they (markings on garage method) aim the headlights,
or tell you to aim them is the dumbest way of doing it.  I normally just
go down a dark deserted road with a friend and then I will have my
friend adjust one of the H4s, usually the passenger side one first.  I
would
recommend unplugging the drivers side H4 so its easier to see.  You
first
walk down about 100 yards down the road and get about eye level for
oncoming traffic and have your buddy aim them, up or down, and as soon
as that line gets higher than your eye, you have gone too far.  Once you
get
it at the height that you believe isnt offensive to oncoming drivers,
you
simply plug in the drivers side and then while you bob your head up and
down you will see if the 2 lines are becoming evident at the same time.
    Then I would walk back and adjust left and right on the H4s so the
signs on the side light up (unplug one H4 so you dont get
interference).  Once that is done, do the same method with the H1s
(keeping both H4s unplugged) except this time you can visually see the
spot pattern down the road so you can check it while standing in front
of the car.  Once that is done, plug the H4s back in and then go for a
drive. If you get flashed a lot, move your H4s down a notch or two.
Have fun!