damn i still need help....

87 16v....

ok some more detail...after running a period of time my car just
dies. at idle, while driving, anytime. The fuel pump in-tank looks
good, I swapped it out with another used one, replaced the fuel
filter with a new one, had the battery and alternator checked , both
OK. Would a bad fuel pump relay cause it to go south?

Detailed symptoms, the car fires up, runs for say 10-15min, maybe 20
or 25 then just dies. I can be at 4000rpm and it just conks out. I
can be lettign off the gas and it conks. I can then restart the car,
and it runs maybe a min then dies no matter the rpm.

I'm really bummed and pissed the different fuel pump and filter
didn't fix this. It's at the shop and i  guess they will poke around
at it, but if all they can come up with is ..maybe this and maybe
that..bullshit I'll have it towed to the dealership. (hey they have
my most trusted mechanic working there)

Ryan