Re: 2.0liter Scirocco's from the factory... in 89???? in US????

At 03:25 PM 3/26/99 , Macsek wrote:
>Yes, you're right the Corrado came with 2 L 16V.
>But the Corrado and the Golf both had VR6 engines. The Golf was 2.8 and the
>Corrado 2.9L. So the Corrado 2L 16V engine tells us _nothing_ about 'rocco
>engines.
>sorry.

What!?
	I beg to differ!  As far as I know, the only difference between the
Corrado and A3 VR6s is the intake-- and therefore a few hp (like 172 and
176 or something).

	I would have a very hard time believing VW put out a 2.9 VR6 from the
factory...
		Jason